Dave Barr Community Centre is the home for all of the City of Grande Prairie Childcare Services. These are regulated by the Government of Alberta and are Accredited by the Accreditation of Early Learning and Care Services. Please be advised that we currently have a waitlist for our daycare/dayhome programs. If you would like to be added to the waitlist, please fill out the waitlist form and e-mail it to email@example.com
Every child care centre in Alberta is regulated by the Child Care Licensing Act. Centres are required to meet the mandatory regulations and are visited regularly by a Licensing Officer to ensure they are in compliance. Reports from these visits are posted in our centre and are available for parents to view. Recommendations from these reports are used as an opportunity to improve the centre. Alberta Licensing approves and guides our policies and procedures before they are implemented.
The purpose of accreditation in Alberta is to raise the standard of child care in the province and improve best practices in early learning and child care services. Accreditation is a voluntary process, and involves great dedication on the part of the educators and the centre. Our educators are continually building their knowledge in the area of early learning and child care.
The benefits of an accredited centre:
- Attracts families who are looking for a high quality centre
- Attracts educators who are looking to work in a quality centre
- The centre receives Quality Support Grants
- The educators receive support funding
We are proud of our Educators!. Along with a wide variety of experience and a love of teaching children, each of our Educators also have:
- A Childcare Educators Qualification Certificate (or working towards getting it)
- First Aid in Child Care & CPR training
- Police Information Check
- Vulnerable Sector Search
- At least 2 years of experience in a childcare setting